Monday, August 27, 2018

Sofia Zoe

Why She Chooses to Ignore Nasty Comments on Social Media- Selena Gomez Explains

Details: Just because Selena Gomez is a rich and beautiful young celebrity doesn't mean she's immune to the hatred spewed by anonymous Instagramers. Mean comments do affect her, Gomez said in Footwear News, and she can empathize with her fellow fans who feel self-conscious being open to social media's judgement.


Selena Gomez Explains- Why She Chooses to Ignore Nasty Comments on Social Media

Why She Chooses to Ignore Nasty Comments on Social Media- Selena Gomez Explains

“I feel like I’m one of those people [whose body confidence can be shaken by trolls]," she started. "I actually am one of those people. I understand and I get what they’re [my fans are] feeling and what they are afraid of."

But Gomez focuses on herself, not on the mean comments, and advises others to do the same. It’s the approach she used during the Stefano Gabbana scandal earlier this summer, when he got widespread media coverage for calling her "so ugly" on Instagram in Italian. Her mother and fellow celebrities, including Miley Cyrus, defended her. Gomez didn’t say a word.

"It’s all about how you feel at the end of the day," she told FN. "That’s my approach to myself, seeing it’s not okay that I’m not accepted, that I’m different from anybody else. It’s okay that I’m not accepted this way. It’s okay that I’m nice and not intense. I don’t really care [about the haters]. I have to express my message to myself more than my fans. I would say [to my fans] that ‘I get it, I’m like you.’"

Gomez does periodically talk about how she has found empowerment through the hate on her Instagram. In March, she wrote about body confidence and how self-love and health are more important than meeting society’s impossible standards for beauty. "The beauty myth- an obsession with physical perfection that traps modern woman in an endless cycle of hopelessness, self consciousness, and self-hatred as she tries to fulfill society’s impossible definition of flawless beauty," Gomez wrote. "I chose to take care of myself because I want to, not to prove anything to anyone. Wind in her sails.

Just last week, Gomez addressed her fans again, reminding those envious of her life that everything posted on Instagram is curated and not wholly representative. "I had something I’ve thought about for a while that I want to share," she started. "This page is my highlights and a few low lights. I post what I am willing to share with you guys. I hear people say all the time that they wish they had someone else’s life based on a few pictures.. we all do it. But this is me sharing some happy moments with you guys. Trust me, my life isn’t always this filtered and flowery... We are all on our own journey." credit by.

Powered by Blogger.
About Author

Sofia Zoe

Sofia is freelance web designer. He loves to play with javaScript and other programming codes.